ALPHACHOCKS was invented by an aviation professional who during his career ran into many chock issues like:
- Unavailable or limited chock service in the destination airport for secure parking
- Impractical to carry on aircrafts heavy bulky rubber chocks
- Removal of rubber chocks when under load requires a tow truck
- Various chock designs skid away when wheel touches the chock during wind gusts (Sure you also know a story were the Pilots found their aircraft either off the ramp or blown into another aircraft)
- Heavy workload for the Ramp personal to handle the existing 7 to 12 kilos (15 to 26 pounds) chocks and most of the time they are paired with a rope so they have to carry even twice the weight
- Mess and limited space on tow trucks to load the bulky rubber chocks which endangers safety of the operation.
- High chock service fees charged by FBO’s
Once retired, he found the time and started to solve the chock issues and worked on a solution.
The result is a foldable, forged aluminum chock that weighs just 1.3 kilos (2.9 pounds).
“A set of six weighs less than one rubber chock”
The goal was to encounter a strong, low weight & low volume removal under load chock.
ALPHACHOCKS will also ease the Ramp personal workload and enable you to carry it on aircrafts with less use of valuable baggage compartment space and weight which increases the fuel consumption.
ALPHACHOCKS were designed and stress calculated with the state-of-the-art approved computer software in order to calculate the use of ultimate strength in combination with lowest weight possible.
6082 T6 forged Aluminum, strongest available in the market today, is used to achieve the optimum strength/weight for the ALPHACHOCKS Parts
Hinges locked over the dead center gave the solution to abolish bulkiness and incapability of ground handling personnel to remove the chock under load.
[ film ]
This is a common problem when chocks are under load click to see the video.
16 Carbide spikes strong as diamante are in touch with ground ensuring ultimate grip to the flooring of each type and on the same time protects your chock from damage.
Bungee securing system in pairs of ALPHACHOCKS, allows you the possibility during extreme weather conditions to secure your aircraft in place.
6 bungees are included in the 6-set ALPHACHOCKS suitcase/softcase or they can be purchased separately.
In order to solve the problem to carry enough chocks to secure safely your airplane at your destination. A 6-set ALPHACHOCKS suitcase which glows in the dark or a softcase is available, including 6 bungees to use during extreme weather condition, securing your aircraft with no further worries.
The whole 6-set suitcase/softcase weighs and takes space less than 1 bulky rubber chock.
2-set ALPHACHOCKS with softcase available
After customer input, we offer also ALPHACHOCKS Series 1 on one side Rhino coated without carbide inserts for sensitive epoxy and polyurethane hangar floors
Optional customized laser engraving of your ALPHACHOCKS in your aircraft registration, name or company logo and color of your choice are possible.
Optional stainless-steel chock holder is available for storing safely your chocks on the side of the tow truck.
Highlights of ALPHACHOCKS:
- Lightweight very strong foldable chock
- Made out of forged aluminum with stainless hardware
- 16 carbide inserts protect aluminum from wearing on tarmac and skidding
- No sparks during operation/eliminating fire hazards during fueling
- All weather hydraulic fluid fuel and other chemical resistant
- Powder coated with primer and orange topcoat
Dimensions of ALPHACHOCKS:
Open 220mm x 220mm x100mm (8.6 x 8.6 x 4 inch) weight 1.3 kilo (2.9 lbs.)
Folded 340mm x 40mm x100mm (13.4 x 1.6 x 4 inch) weight 1.3 kilo (2.9 lbs.)
Dimensions of 6-set ALPHACHOCKS suitcase including 6 ea. ALPHACHOCKS and 6 bungee cords:
391mm x 304mm x 164mm (15.4 x 12 x 6.5 inch) weight 9 kilo (19 lbs.)
Dimensions of 2-set ALPHACHOCKS softcase including 2 ea. ALPHACHOCKS:
340mm x 100mm x 70 mm (13.3 x 3.9 x 2.7 inch) weight 2.9 kilo (6.3 lbs.)
On request of Airlines and Aircraft handling companies our company developed ALPHACHOCKS Series 2 fulfilling criteria of low weight carriage for employees in avoidance of future health problems and less space stowage on tractors and on board of the airplanes.
ALPHACHOCKS Series 3
for aircrafts up to 350 tonnes per wheel (771617 lb) MTOW and wheel diameter up to 150 centimeters (59 inch.)
Length : Open Position 427 mm (16,8 inch.) Folded Position 671 mm (26 inch.)
Height : Open Position 310 mm (12 inch.) Folded Position 50 mm (2 inch.)
Width : Open Position 250 mm (9.8 inch.) Folded Position 250 mm (9.8 inch.)
Weight : 7,8 kg (17 lb)
ALPHACHOCKS Series MINI
for aircrafts up to 20 tonnes per wheel (44000 lb) MTOW and wheel diameter up to 50 centimeters (20 inch.)
Length : Open Position 140 mm (5,5 inch.) Folded Position 140 mm (5,5 inch.)
Height : Open Position 65 mm (2,5 inch.) Folded Position 35 mm (1,3 inch.)
Width : Open Position 100 mm (4 inch.) Folded Position 100 mm (4 inch.)
Weight : 0,3 kg (10 oz )
Dimensions of 2-set ALPHACHOCKS MINI including 2 ea. ALPHACHOCKS MINI:
150mm x 60mm x 110mm cm (6 x 2,5 x 4,3 inch) weight 0,8kg (28 oz)